🕑 September 7, 2023.
IBO Foundation a non-profit humanitarian organization, whose objective is the economic development of the Ibo District (Mozambique), through different areas of action; mainly entrepreneurship, gender, training, nutrition, reconstruction and sanitation; opens call to fill the position of Project Coordinator and the candidate must meet the requirements mentioned below.
Fundación Ibo is a development cooperation project that has been carrying out its activities since 2002 mainly on Ibo Island, Cabo Delgado, Mozambique. It started its activities in 2002 and bases its strategy on the realization of long-term projects.
The objective of the IBO Foundation is the creation of a market for goods and services on the basis of enhancing the island’s resources, integrating the local population in the process and ensuring responsible management of natural resources. It is a comprehensive development project that aims to embrace all sectors of society, enhancing and developing livelihoods to raise the welfare and dignity of its inhabitants.
The IBO Foundation is committed to integral development and makes it possible through a strategy that takes into account the person holistically in all personal, family, social and economic relationships.
For this reason, the Foundation has created, over the years, a connection between projects so that all areas and their components feed back and enrich each other. Thus, the area of sustainable food is connected with gender, employability, etc.
This “synergistic” strategy is the Foundation’s greatest strength, especially because it maximizes the impact, efficiency, effectiveness and ultimately the sustainability of its actions.
Functions and responsibilities
The person to be hired will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the Ibo Foundation in the field.
Will be responsible for:
- Human resources management at Ibo, including selection, recruitment and training of the staff under his charge, as well as controlling and directing team members.
- Represent the Foundation before members of the administration, other NGO’s, potential donors, clients or other stakeholders at the local level and negotiate and establish possible collaboration agreements with them.
- Management, planning and follow-up of activities.
- Submit monthly activity monitoring reports, final project reports and organize documentation to be submitted to funders in collaboration with the rest of the team.
- Drafting of the annual summary of activities to be submitted to the different official bodies.
- Develop proposals for improvement, as well as participate in the creation of new projects, reporting on the situation in the district, needs or demands of the population and possible opportunities to include in the action plans.
- Collaborate in the design and execution of the internal evaluation and impact measurement plan of the Ibo Foundation.
- Participate in coordination meetings with headquarters and organize regular team meetings at Ibo.
- Controlling the stocks and facilities of the Ibo Foundation.
- Supervise and authorize the purchasing needs of the different departments.
- To ensure the correct application of resources, according to the approved budget. Prevent, detect and report, if necessary, deviations from the budget and any other irregularities that could compromise the proper financial operation of the activities.
- Follow-up and cash control of the expenses incurred in Ibo, reporting to management with the corresponding originals of the expense receipts duly numbered and ordered.
- Collaborate with management on any other activities or tasks as required.
- Flexibility in relation to working hours and availability to work long working days.
- Higher academic education.
It will be valued:
- Studies related to the management of cooperation projects.
- Additional training in team management, impact measurement, Theory of Change, pedagogy, business management, or any other discipline related to the
activities of the Foundation.
Experience and skills
- Demonstrated experience of at least 5 years working in developing countries and/or remote and emergency contexts.
- At least 3 years of experience in the management of cooperation projects.
- Ability to manage work groups with a low level of training. Ability to work as part of a team, with experience in staff training, coaching and mentoring.
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a demanding workload comprised of challenging tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong communication (written and spoken) in Portuguese and English, and strong interpersonal and presentation skills, cultural awareness and ability to improvise and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure.
- Basic computer skills (i.e. proficiency in Office suite, Outlook, Internet Explorer, financial systems).
- Good understanding of donor compliance and working with funded projects.
- Flexibility to work in difficult and sometimes unsafe contexts, as well as to travel on short notice as needed.
- Commitment to and understanding of the objectives, values and principles of IBO Foundation. In particular, acceptance of the code of ethics and safety standards.
- Minimum commitment of 2 years.
- Experience in the development of projects in which the Theory of Change methodology is applied.
- Good oral and written knowledge of Spanish and the local language or Swahili.
- Ability to adapt to change in both practices and work schedules, and to work with emergency equipment, if necessary.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work in an international environment with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain good relations with the community, local leaders and government agencies.
- Work permit in Mozambique.
- Academic certificates
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
Nomination documents should be submitted to the following email address email@example.com
Note: Only selected candidates will be contacted
IBO Foundation does not make any charges at any stage of the selection process and does not proceed via recruitment agents.